April 10th to 13th 2024
You are cordially invited to the
31st Annual International Conference on Comparative Cognition
CO3 2024 will be held at the Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Animal cognition, broadly conceived to include all research on animal learning, memory, and perception.
Additional conference details will be posted here when available
Below is a general timeline for the conference. We will provide more specific details once they become available and disseminate this information via this mailing list and on the CCS website.
- Wednesday, April 10th:
- Registration 3-5pm with snacks/coffee
- Talks session 8-10 PM
- Thursday, April 11th:
- Ron Weisman Outstanding Student Presentation Competition at noon
- Talks sessions until 5 PM including a snack/coffee break
- 8-10:30pm Poster Session I*
- Friday, April 12th:
- Mentor Session (topic TBD) 10:30-11:30 AM
- Early Career Award Winner Address at noon
- Talks session until 5 PM including a snack/coffee break
- 8-10:30 PM Poster Session II**
- Saturday, April 13th:
- Executive committee members meeting 8:30-10 AM
- Business Meeting (all welcome) 10:30-11:30 AM
- Group Photo 11:40 AM
- Talks session 12-5 PM including Symposium in honour of the contributions of Professor Nicky Clayton, FRS, and snack/coffee break
- Master Lecture by Professor Clayton
- 6:30-9:30 PM Banquet and celebration for Nicky Clayton (tickets will be available for purchase)
*Posters from Poster Session I will be available to be viewed from Wednesday afternoon to the end of Poster Session I (Thursday night).
**Posters from Poster Session II will be available to be viewed from Friday morning until Saturday afternoon.
Student award information
Student award information (publication awards, travel awards, paper competition) can be found on our student awards page. Be sure to note the deadlines for each award, as they may differ.
CCS Early Career Award
To be eligible, applicant must be 10 years of their PhD and pre-tenure, or within 5 years of first position. More details are available on our early career award page
CCS Master Lecture
The Comparative Cognition Society is very pleased that the 2024 Master Lecture will be presented by
Professor Nicola Clayton
(University of Cambridge)
Calls for volunteers
The Comparative Cognition Society seeks volunteers to serve on the awards committee for 2024. This committee evaluates the following awards: Ron Weisman Outstanding Student Presentation Award (evaluated in person at CO3 2024), Graduate Student Publication Award, Travel award and the CCS Early Career Award.Committee members do not have to be present at CO3 2024 (only one of the awards is evaluated in person). Click here for more information.
CO3 2024 will be held at the Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA.
Reserving rooms at the Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town:
CCS has a block of rooms reserved at the conference venue.
Your options for room type include:
- Junior Suite (1 bed)
- Junior Suite with balcony (1 bed)
- Traditional Double (2 beds)
- Traditional Double with balcony (2 beds)
- Traditional King (1 bed)
- Traditional King with balcony (1 bed)
The rate for all
rooms is $199 per night
. This rate is available during the conference and three (3) days before and after the conference for those wishing to extend their stay.
Reservations can be made with the hotel directly by phone (+1 505-843-6300) and you must identify yourself as a Comparative Cognition Society member at the time of booking. You can also use this link to reserve online: https://bit.ly/3OPKx3V
The deadline for reservations at the conference rate is March 11th, 2024.
There are a very limited number of rollaway beds that are available free of charge; please indicate to the hotel when you call if you would like one of these beds.
As we did last year, we have a website where CO3 attendees can search for roommates. To use our tool, sign in
to your CCS account and select "CO3 roommate finder" from the options.
Please make reservations early to let CCS know you are coming and claim your spot!
- Faculty/Animal Behavior Professionals $90 USD
- Students/Post-docs/Retired $60 USD
- Two-year Faculty/Animal Behavior Professionals $175 USD
CO3 2024 Conference Fee (Before 16 Feb 2024)
- Faculty/Animal Behavior Professionals early-bird members: $175 USD
- Students/Post-docs/Retired early-bird members: $75 USD
- Faculty/Animal Behavior Professionals early-bird non-members: $265 USD
- Students/Post-docs/Retired early-bird non-members: $135 USD
CO3 2024 Banquet Fee (Before 16 Feb 2024)
- Faculty/Animal Behavior Professionals early-bird: $50 USD
- Students/Post-docs/Retired early-bird: $40 USD
Note that the Conference Fee and Banquet Fee listed reflect an "Early Bird" price. Fees will increase after 16 Feb, 2024.
Previous CO3 Programs
Previous CO3 Photo Albums
Previous CO3 Master Lectures
For additional information about CO3, contact
Caroline Strang, Jenna Congdon (CO3 Conference Organizers) or
M. Ali Qadri (CCS Secretary)